Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30++


"As we waited with Bated breath for the clock to tick past twelve I suddenly realized how time has run without a fuss leaving me nothing to dwell. It took a bit of time to sink while my life has taken U turn, its time to realise to make the most of it while the candle still burns."

For what it's worth this was perhaps the most happiest occasion of my recent past. There is nothing like being close to your near and dear ones. Its like liberating to a whole new world without a care for a thing knowing every wrong move there is someone to keep you at bay.

So when it was decided sometime last week that I'd be making a round trip back to NJ and meet Anu,Shiks n Tiwari it was the start of journey of funfilled dreams and emotions at that instant. To have such loving friends is one thing, being graced by love by all at the sametime is another. It doesn't undermines the love and care of others who couldn't join me unfortunately as their wishes are always with me, that I know for sure!

I started my sojourn on a friday evening, looking to make up the journey in appropriate time then my previous visit and was hoping to catch up on some dinner with abhishek, but it wasn't to be. Anyways better late then never I reached just in time to share a shot of uncle Jack before we hit the bed. The next morning brought new found joy and brightness and along with it two rays of lights in the form of anu and shiks. To be able to locate them was in itself an effort and I must appreciate abhisheks sixth sense to search them around the community. Though it did made him a bit annoyed for the rays to touchdown took a bit more time but still it wasn't that late.

After a nice lunch at Chevy's which my host and anu gladly agreed to pay, it was time for some leg pulling and mr. T made sure he left no stones unturned to show what he was capable of. Evening was spent watching 'Udaan' together only to realize it was time for us to run away from this monotonous life and reach out to the varying degree of mercury of life. That was sure found in Fire n Ice(Disc n Pub) which was hosting a Bollywood nite that day(night before the B-day) When Punjabi music, some drinks n beauty are mixed it makes up for the deadliest combination around and before you know it ur blood has it running it all over ur body.

The night was ended with some uncalled emotion on my part for which i'll regret whenever I remember but such things are hardly taken to heart and all is forgotten :)

The next day is the toughest, to part ways when everyone's leaving for their place, I decide to stay back making sure able to spend some time with tiwari. We see off anu and then leave to JFK for shiks to board her plane back to India. If saying bye to anu wasn't enough I could hardly speak at the airport as shiks went thru her security clearance and luggage checkins. Thereon, we headed to meet Sappu, abhishek's brother and had a bite with him at his place. It was always so fulfilling to meet sappu as if ur meeting ur own brother. And so that was, we called it a day after having a hand at some fifa excitement on PS3 and I started my journey back home next day with mixed emotions of Joy and Sadness.

Thanks guys I love you and admire you so much that words can't express.

The pleasure of meeting you all is worth enough to travel miles :))

Love
Kapil

2 comments:

Vinod Jose said...

Three things I would like to mention here:

1. Sorry I could not pick your call, when I tried calling back, it said 'engaged' (the quotes are meant for special emphasis)
2. Nice title for the blog, with the required dose of mystery
3. Great pic, it captures the essence of the day; I miss being there
4. I won't ask which was that emotion, bcoz it's all forgotten :)
5. You seem to be become an expert @ cross country travel, and that too driving by yourself
6. I can relate very well to what you wrote about Tiwari

I lost count of how many things I said, cheers to our friendship and happy bday once again

Addy said...

thats one heck of a pic, and someone is clearly hammered and I am looking right at the extreme left ;) !!