Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just got Bailed~Failed

Ok so we are back in school days….
It was 7th standard of my education and I don’t know how come this trend or notion was there in my head
That it gets tougher once you pass 6th and move into 7th grade, it is as if u are getting prepared for board exams
Suddenly I started realizing that I am finding it pretty hard to study and get good marks that I used to get before.
There was a sudden dip in my form and scoring prowess, it was not as if I was not able to study but I was finding it hard to score marks as freely as I used to score.
Also there was a trend in our school that after 6th there used to occur more no of unit test, class tests, surprise tests and I used to find myself in a very uncomfortable and inconvenient position at those times.
Confused as I was didn’t know what to do abt it, a lot of soul searching and I was amazed why my scoring ways were not the same as it used to be. I fondly remember as we were best of three frnds myself, vinay and Anshul I used to score the highest but it started to decline.
What was happening to me?
Why am I not able to pass with high marks?
Why am I struggling to find answers to questions in exam and in life?
But as it dawned on me like a dark cloud I knew within my inner conscious that I am not the same as I thought of myself, I am just an ordinary any one type guy….i was just AVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this was the hard fact that I was running away from it
May be the studies were a bit lenient till now and I was getting marks pretty easily till now but not anymore
So there goes the story
One fine day to my surprise but not for others we had this unit test of science and in the middle of the exam I realized that I better do something or I’ll get somewhere in the middle(marks)
So by some courage I took out the class copy and started to find answers to some of the questions but not many times luck favors you and I was caught by this teacher who was not the science teacher but was a replacement for her to conduct exam as she was on leave.
I begged her and she forgave me as it was not a cardinal sin of copying or cheating in an end sem exam
But there was a trend in the school those days, any one caught cheating and 5 marks would be deducted and so too mine were done. I again asked for forgiveness and she obliged and cut of the -5 that she awarded me.
When the time came for ans scripts distribution the original teacher asked me how come I have this -5 striked off in the answer sheet? I could provide no answer to the question as any explanation could have fetched me -5 again… so I kept quite and she gave a beautiful lecture in the middle of the class…
After she finished she asked me didn’t I feel guilty to the thing and didn’t even feel sorry for the same..
Before I could say something this guy Rahul verma said “ mam he just said sorry, you were too busy to listen”.
To the disappointment of teacher she felt a bit bad about that and gave me back my answer, I went back and said thanks to Rahul in a gestured way. I knew and he knew I never uttered a word forget sorry….
All this happened and I was feeling a bit shy and shameful…but what the heck time to check out the marks
But no surprises here …………..AVERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amys said...

But Kappi is a genius in his MS exams.. He scores centi hmmm! Grt going buddy!