Friday, April 27, 2007

Survival of the fittest

Ok so we take a jump from school life to college life and more so hostel life
Well this was somewhat of a defining part of my life wherein I felt so many changes that I’ve never felt before
Living out from the house for the first time in life was an experience in itself
No no don’t think it was great it was for others but for me it was a total hell as I found out….
It may seem strange to you and to me also but why and how it went like that I don’t know! May be it was all in the mind and nothing could supersede that…..
When I left for vellore for MCA from delhi I was full of hope and dreams of how would life treat me there
Studies and all as expected were pretty competitive but the most difficult aspect of life that I faced was staying alive….
I wasn’t able to consume anything that I would eat there. I would vomit what ever I ate…..
Things were so bad that when I used to go to the mess I would be running to the wash basin after eating a bite to empty my stomach while others were filling theirs.
Strangely I had not been ill or sick and neither I had been allergic to something
On the site of the food I would fear to death and would be challenging myself again and again to eat it….
In the whole part of the day the time that I would fear the most was lunch and dinner as breakfast was more ok affair if not good as I would drink one glass of milk and 4 slices of bread…
Apart from studying survival was also one of my objectives. To study I had to live and to live I had to eat something.
So the schedule that chalked up was something like this:
Breakfast- 4 slices, 1 glass of milk
Lunch- 2/3 chapatis, bowl of dal, 3 bowls of curd, 1 full plate of cucumber..
Dinner – 2 chapatis, bowl of dal, 1 glass of milk, 3-6 bananas
And mind you this was the food that I was able to adapt a bit after a month there….

But that initial month was horrible I would not eat anything at all…
All I would do in a day was a glass or two of milk, some bread slices, maggi, juice and some itsy bitsy things
So one fine day for other and not for other we woke up to go to college campus…
But I could find myself feeling tired and dizzy, I asked Dahiya and neeraj to see whether I am having fever and they confirmed the same….
So here I was bed ridden. In the whole day I didn’t ate anything and was lying on the bed and if u come and stay in the hostel room in the day time when no-1’s around its tough like hell no one to talk to and nothing to do also apart from losing one precious day of studies.
Well I managed to spend the day and waited for the friends to come, in the whole day I had taken only cup of tea and some bread nothing else
So in the evening when every one returned and came to know of me 1 by 1 people entered and surrounded my bed as it was my last rites.
They requested, scolded, preached……me in their own way to let me have something and this is not the way to live…..
I still remember that day as almost everyone in my batch came to visit me and left me with a touch of care of friendship….guys I love u all and wont forget you…..

1 comment:

Amys said...

and u never finish off the masala dosa u take in the morning. And ur menu is always Northie in UD. I know wat it means to have food away from home. Even I was away for more than three years.. Hows tennis going on btw??